Friday, April 10, 2009

The Hop Phenomenon

So everyone everywhere loves Chinese food, right; the variety, the spice, the rush that you might eat something crazy like....dog or rats... and the fact that you love rice just makes everyone fall in love with it. While NYC has some of the best Chinese food around, you might wonder what makes one restaurant different than another (not the food of course!?!)? Is it the Food Channel raves and reviews, is it the long lines, the celebrity sightings or is it the name! On a nice mellow street in NYC's Chinatown I came across a restaurant called "Hop Kee" and while I was walking away I noticed a restaurant called "Wo Hop" then I saw one called "Hop Lee." COME ON!!! How does this happen. It definetly made my day, and I'll soon try all the restaurants. I guess....they're just going with what works. If you're ever near Mott st in NYC...check it out (FYI - Hop Kee's food is amazing)!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment