Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Making a Living

It's common knowledge that you can get any name brand item on Canal st., in NYC's Chinatown, where people constantly ask you, "want handbag, designers, Gucci, Rolex... (in their Chinese/Japanese accent) "

While in the area I saw two fascinating things, firstly, a woman was in handcuffs sitting on a chair, while two undercover policeman were talking to a man near a van. This van's doors was open and it was filled with handbags. I couldn't believe it! I seriously thought this was a dream, til someone told me, "that was a raid." It happens quite often that vendors are caught selling counterfeit goods, I remember an article in the times about millions of dollars of goods being seized in NYC's Chinatown. Below is a picture of a vendor in action. Beware, especially when they tell you, "follow me and close your eyes."




No comments:

Post a Comment